Council reports are the main means for staff to communicate with and coordinate with Council. Their high volume requires that they be concise and to the point and follow a strict format. It can often be quite challenging to take a complex issue and express it effectively in such a small space, but that it what is required.
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand why the council report follows the format it does and precisely how council reports are used
- Organize information for ease of comprehension
- Spend less time preparing council reports, but get better results
- Use tips and techniques for getting a large amount of information into a limited space
- Edit to remove excess words
- Write more powerful and expressive sentences
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Anyone who needs to write council reports as a key part of their work.
Facilitator: Jon Tattrie, Dynamic Learning Inc.