Imagine during your busy day having a technique which allows you to concentrate fully on what you are reading. And then being able to remember the key information for weeks? Coping with the continuously growing piles of print is enough to overwhelm the most capable professional at work today. The need is to find a way of acquiring information faster and with greater comprehension. The answer is Speed Reading.
Most people have only two reading speeds: slow and slower. Once you have taken this workshop, you will be able to read at various speeds. You’ll be able to adjust your speed to suit your purpose in reading and the difficulty of the material. At work, people are very knowledgeable about the content of their professional material, so they can read it a lot faster than they think they can. By the end of the day, the average person taking this speed reading seminar can at least double—sometimes triple—his or her speed, and still maintain or even improve retention.
You will learn:
- Why your current reading technique leads to mind-wandering, boredom, and drowsiness
- How Speed Reading developed and why it works
- Effective Speed Reading skills so you can make fast work of the reading demands of your profession
- To access the most powerful areas of your memory in order to remember what you read quickly and easily
- How to apply your new skills as soon as you get back to the office
- Read your professional material at least twice as fast as before and retain more
- Find the precise information you need more rapidly
- Get rid of your reading backlog and keep your professional reading up to date
- Concentrate fully and make rapid, effective keyword notes
- Understand and use effective retrieval cues
- Read a whole document and produce organized notes in less than an hour
You will be provided with a manual to record your progress during the day. This manual will be an excellent resource as you continue to develop your Speed Reading skills at work