FIND A BETTER WAY TO DEAL WITH CONFLICT AND CHAOS
For 2500 years, Sun Tzu’s Art of War has been a guide to leaders who want to achieve success without getting bogged down in further conflict—to attain victory without fighting. It teaches a way of being that helps you lead effectively in a world of complexity and chaos. You can develop a way of knowing yourself, knowing others and knowing the things that make up your world. Then you can help arrange them so their configuration of power brings about a victory that leaves both sides stronger.
The Rules of Victory demonstrates how the skilful actions from this famous strategy manual can apply to you and your life. The Art of War is not about an ancient approach from a foreign culture. Rather it presents inherent human wisdom about a way of viewing and being in the world that gives rise to skilful action.
- Our interconnectedness with the natural world and with human systems
- Taking Whole—developing a larger view, applying a disciplined, systematic approach, and acting at precisely the right moment to attain success
- Knowing by listening, first to oneself and recognizing one’s preconceptions, biases and prejudices, hopes and fears—then being open to listening to others in a way that enables you to understand from their point of view
- The principle of Shih—where power is concentrated and ready to be released
- Victory without fighting, being inclusive and benefitting the whole
In this course you will learn…
- How to work more effectively with resistance, reaction, conflict, and chaos, when your role as a leader requires you to encourage change
- How to create momentum and bring about the tipping point in your project
- How to employ shih—seeing how energy moves, gathers, focuses and releases in any natural or human-made system and how to use that to advantage
- About a kind of knowing that helps one to look at what others don’t, see what others can’t, go where others won’t
- About finding a way to win the battle and the war—and the peace too
This workshop has been developed in collaboration with James Gimian and Barry Boyce, authors of The Rules of Victory: How to Transform Chaos and Conflict—Strategies from the Art of War.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Anyone who is a leader or who plans to be a leader