TURN DISAGREEMENTS INTO IMPROVED RELATIONSHIPS
We all know the moment when we overreact to something a person said. We assume that we know exactly what he or she means and we simply can’t accept the position they have adopted. In reply, we assert our own opposing point of view and inevitably an argument arises.
“I’m right – you’re wrong!” Although we would rarely, if ever, make that statement out loud, we often act as if our interpretation of a situation is the ‘correct’ or only possible interpretation. This thinking pattern can lead to misunderstanding, frustration, conflict and stress.
Conflicts exist because people do not always perceive, think, feel or behave in the same way about the same things. While conflicts are inevitable, how you respond is manageable.
- How to handle difficult situations and difficult conversations
- How to communicate effectively from the beginning
- How to identify and control your hostility traps
- How to recognize your choices when faced with conflict
- How to use an effective listening and paraphrasing technique to develop rapport
- How to ask good questions to develop better solutions
- How to be less uncomfortable when dealing with misunderstandings and conflict
- Polish your thinking skills
- Enhance your communication and interpersonal effectiveness
- Reduce your stress while remaining the professional that you are
- Understand the role of perception
- Seek to understand before trying to be understood
- Understand the causes of conflict at work and at home to determine what is really happening
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Anyone who interacts with a variety of people in different situations, and who wants to enhance his or her interpersonal skills